Saturday, September 19, 2020

Lady Gaga Is Back With A Video For New Single, ‘911’ From Her Chromatica Album

Image: Lady Gaga music video for "911" 


Pop a 911 for Lady Gaga's new short film from her Chromatica album!



'911' is Gaga’s third single from her hit album Chromatica. Her first two singles – 'Stupid Love' and 'Rain On Me' both secured top five spots on the Billboard Hot 100, with the latter hitting number one.



The short film opens up in a desert with Gaga laying on the sand next to a destroyed bicycle. The video then showcases Gaga in a town with religious-based characters, as they each begin to sing along to the track.

The visual ends on a powerfully sombre note with the songstress waking up from her hallucination on a stretcher screaming “Did anybody die?” as the camera pans to the aftermath of a car accident while showing the real-life counterparts of the characters seen in the video.


In a post on Instagram, Gaga explained what the video meant to her, stating: “This short film is very personal to me, my experience with mental health and the way reality and dreams can interconnect to form heroes within us and all around us.”

She later goes on to give her thanks and how this track has made her feel “so alive” adding: “I’d like to thank my director/filmmaker Tarsem for sharing a 25-year-old idea he had with me because my life story spoke so much to him.

“I’d like to thank Haus of Gaga for being strong for me when I wasn’t, and the crew for making this short film safely during this pandemic without anyone getting sick.”

She continued: “It’s been years since I felt so alive in my creativity to make together what we did with “911”. Thank you @Bloodpop for taking a leap of faith with me to produce a record that hides in nothing but the truth.

View this post on Instagram

🚨 Can’t see me cry ever again 🚨

A post shared by Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) on

“Finally, thank you little monsters. I’m awake now, I can see you, I can feel you, thank you for believing in me when I was very afraid. Something that was once my real life everyday is now a film, a true story that is now the past and not the present. It’s the poetry of pain.”

View this post on Instagram

Chromatica forever.

A post shared by Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) on


Listen to the tracks "Chromatica II" and "911" below.


More Great POP HAZE Stories:

No comments:

Post a Comment